Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Obsidian by: Jennifer L. Armentrout


Goodreads Synopsis:

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy Internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

Review:

I am hard pressed to find a series I absolutely adore more than the Lux series. Seriously. The connection that Katy and Daemon have is honestly the strongest and sexiest that I have ever encountered.

Katy has just made the move from Florida to Nowhere, West Virginia to get away from the memories of her father. After initially thinking it would be the most boring place to be, she meets Daemon, her exasperating neighbor. As gorgeous as he is, he is equally annoying when he opens his mouth. After befriending his sister Dee, Katy realizes that the Black siblings are not as they seem, as they are part of an alien race called with Luxen. Who knew aliens existed in the form of the sexy boy next door?

Katy, despite her tiny stature, is full of witty comebacks and sarcastic remarks. I loved how she is not helpless, even against undefeatable aliens, and will do everything in her power to keep her family and friends safe. She gives Daemon back exactly what he dishes to her. I want to write down her hilarious retorts to Daemon. Although she protests too much, she is so dang attracted to Daemon. It like radiates off of her. She is hilarious and sweet, and I really love her as a heroine.

Where do I even start with Daemon? Arrogant and irritating, Daemon does not give Katy a warm welcome to West Virginia to say the least. But my gosh is he gorgeous. With dark, wavy hair and piercing green eyes, he is well aware of the effect he has on girls. The words that come out of get some getting used to, but everything he does is for his sister, the only family he has left. No matter what, I was absolutely enchanted by Daemon from the start. He is beyond protective of Katy. He has bursts of overwhelming adorableness that make him definitely one of my top book boyfriends!

I instantly loved Daemon’s sister Dee. She is perky and loveable, and she befriends Katy no matter what her brother says. Katy’s mother is very loving, but also a little lost since she lost her husband. I have mixed feelings about the rest of the Luxen. Some welcome Katy, but others are jerk-faces and think she does not belong.

I love Jennifer’s writing style. It is super addicting, and I loved being able to hear Katy’s thoughts and feelings; she’s freakin’ hilarious. Now for the romance. I can’t even describe how amazing it is in words. Daemon is the epitome of bad boy, but he is not without his swoon-worthy moments. I think Katy is the only one who does not realize the depth of his feelings for her, because they are completely obvious to me and everyone else. They have such hot sexual tension that it like radiates off of the page. Gahhhhh…I love this couple SO much!

For a super sexy and wonderful read about aliens (who knew I’d love this book so much?) you gotta pick up the Lux series. I cannot stress the importance of this enough. It is so addicting and will surely climb the top of your favorite books list, as well as your favorite book boyfriend and book couple list! :)

Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: And then my shirt joined his on the floor. Skin against skin. His hummed, brimming full of power. I ran my fingers down his chest, to the button on his jeans. The back of my legs hit the couch and we went down, a tangle of legs and hands moving, exploring. Our hips were molded together and we moved against one another I think I whispered his name, and then his arms tightened around me, crushing me against his chest and his hands slipped between my legs. And I was swimming in raw sensations. “So beautiful,” he murmured against my swollen lips.
Obsidian (Lux, #1)
Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment