Review: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky by: Veronica Rossi

Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered. This was worse.

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland - known as The Death Shop - are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild - a savage - and her only hope of staying alive.

A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile - everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.

I clearly was late getting into the Under the Never Sky fan-base, and boy, was that a mistake! This was such a great dystopian book, filled with an interesting new world, amazing characters, and a beyond sweet romance.

Aria has been wrongly exiled from the Reverie, the seemingly perfect city where she is safe and protected. On the Outside, Aria is lost and very terrified for her life. She meets Perry, and Outsider, who becomes her lifeline and guide in the terrifying new world. Perry needs Aria’s help too, and together they begin to trust each other, and eventually fall for each other, despite their many differences. They may be on separate journeys that converge in ways not thought possible, and their success is greater than themselves.

Aria has lived a very sheltered life inside the Reverie. Despite this, when on the Outside, she transformed into something so different and great. She went through so many changes that I couldn’t fathom going through. She didn’t let her obstacles get her down, even when everything seemed to be going wrong. She has to rely on Perry for protection at the beginning, but she was determined to learn to protect herself. She ended up a total bad-ass, and I totally wanna be like her.

Perry, my Peregrine. Be still my heart! This guy is awesome. As an Outsider, he is very formidable and huge. But seriously, this guy is really rugged but so, so sexy. He is skilled, being able to sense feelings and emotions, and he is even better than most Outsiders. Despite his rough exterior, he has a really kind heart, which is evident in his kind treatment of his adorable nephew. He is a wonderful protector and a great friend. After this book, he was quickly added to my book boyfriend list.

I loved the two strong protagonists, but Rossi’s secondary characters do not suffer at all. Possibly my favorite character was Roar, Perry’s best friend. First of all, I adore his name, and second of all, he is so funny but really unlike Perry. They may be so different, but they are perfect in their own ways. Roar is in love with Perry’s sister Liv, and I am looking forward to more of their story in book 2. Talon, Perry’s nephew, was just too cute, and I want a happy ending for him so badly! Perry’s brother, Vale, I didn’t really like. I understand and appreciate all he did for his son, but he was a total jerk to my man Perry.

I was intrigued by this book from the first paragraph. The plot was never boring and had a perfect balance of action scenes and tender scenes. I loved the world that Rossi built, and I kept itching to find out even more. Rossi’s writing is a masterpiece. Her imagery was spectacular, and I could picture all the scenes playing out in my mind. The romance was played out so amazingly. It was a romance built on friendship, and it developed very naturally and realistically, which is my favorite. At the beginning, Perry was very wary of and intrigued by Aria because she represented all that he dislikes. They both came from very different worlds, but they managed to thrive on their differences to really make themselves better.

I have held off buying Through the Ever Night until Wednesday when I get to meet Veronica Rossi! I am so excited, and I am pretty sure I will be fangirling over this amazing series. If you haven’t checked this one out yet, your life would improve greatly when you do. :)

Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: Aria rolled up onto her toes. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. The soft warmth of his mouth sent a wave of fire through her. Perry froze, then his arms tightened around her ribs as he deepened their kiss. They molded together, fitted against each other with stunning perfection. Aria had never felt as she did now, exploring the taste of him. Feeling the strength of his arms around her. Inhaling sweat and leather and woodsmoke.
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky , #1)
Rating: 4.5/5 Tar Heels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment