Top Ten Tuesday (13): Top Ten Favorite Characters in the Paranormal Genre


Top Ten Tuesday (13): Top Ten Favorite Characters in the Paranormal Genre
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.

1.     Adrian Ivashkov, Bloodlines series – I am still on a Bloodlines kick, so of course Adrian is going on my list. He has the ideal mix of snarkiness, protectiveness, and perfected looks.
2.     Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn, Iron Fey series – This guy would literally go through hell and back for his girl. I admire his tenacity, courageousness, and hotness.
3.     Rose Hathaway, Vampire Academy series – As long as I live, I am positive I will never come across a heroine as kick ass as Rose. She never lets anything stop her from doing what she thinks is right. Boyfriend turns into a Strigoi – no problem, she’ll find a way to turn him back. Being accused of murder with her fingerprints on the weapon – ah, she’ll just prove her innocence after being broken out of jail. See what I mean?
4.     Warner, Shatter Me series – I know that this is technically a dystopian, but I don’t really care. Warner is broken, but inside he really is kind and wonderful and hot and looks great shirtless and has a great smile…ahem, I mean, he’s just great. :)
5.     Jem Carstairs, The Infernal Devices series – Jem does not possess a bad bone in his body, and he deserves much better that the life he is (hopefully not) doomed to. Team Jem all the way!
6.     Puck, Iron Fey series – Puck is loyal to his core. Whatever Meghan needed, Puck provided. It didn’t matter that he was stuck in the friend zone; he would do anything for Meghan. Plus, he is the absolutely funniest character ever, lightening any unfortunate situation.
7.     Katy, Lux series – Katy is another example of a heroine who is not afraid to kick a little butt. She does not let anyone push her around and will give it her everything to save those she loves. AND she is a book blogger! 
8.     Daniel Dyer, Mara Dyer series – Daniel is my favorite side character in this series. He is loving, considerate, and funny, and I know he will always support Mara and do what’s best for her.
9.     Simon, The Mortal Instruments series – Simon is similar to Puck. I love his devotion to Clary. He’s pretty much the best best friend a girl could ask for.
10. Aiden, Covenant series – I fell in love with Aiden just as fast as Alex did. It’s pretty much impossible not to. He is faithful and passionate and strong and everything that is perfect in a guy.
What do you think of my favorite character in the paranormal genre? Let me know what you think, and be sure to leave links so I can come visit!



6 comments:

  1. LOVE your list!! Dyyyyying over Ash! Huge fan! And Puck of course :) Warner made my list, too! And oh my gosh Jem Carstairs...love love love him :) Great list Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've only read a few of these, but I loved Simon and Katy. But then again I also love Jace too, even if he is a jerk at times.Great list. I really need to read so many of these books still.

    Check out my Tuesday meme post here

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rose so much! She's one of my favorite characters ever! Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read tons of paranormal, though several of those are on my list. Glad to know they have some awesome characters. :D Great list! Now following you via GFC.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. Awesome picks. New follower via GFC. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Your list is filled with so MANY incredible characters. You had me when you mentioned Adrian, but then you went on to mention Ash... AND THEN SIMON!

    AHH. Love this. I just found your blog today and I'm a new follower!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete