Review: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night by: Veronica Rossi

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

I absolutely fell in love with Under the Never Sky, reading it in less than one day. Her world was unique and addicting, and I craved the sophomore book. The non-stop action and the perfect romance exceeded the expectations I had for this installment! Side note: who else loves the titles for this series? I think they’re wonderful.

After Aria and Perry parted ways months ago, they finally meet again, but everything has changed. Perry is finally Blood Lord of the Tides and Aria has been trying to accomplish a seemingly unattainable undertaking. When they come back together, Perry takes Aria to the Tides. She is clearly not welcomed with open arms by everyone in the Tides, and that is a pathway for much conflict. Aria tries to do what is best for Perry, but will it mean the end for everything they have together?

Aria is continually the strong heroine from the previous book. She grew so much from being a Dweller to using her gifts to her advantage. She is really sweet and kind, but above all else, she’s a great friend. She’s loyal and just loves with all her heart. She had to keep resilient while at the Tides since she was under a ton of scrutiny. She does so with grace and class. I definitely look up to her!

I was so happy to have my Perry back in this book! He’s still the same sexy, rugged man as before, but he has grown considerably. He understands his responsibility as Blood Lord above all else. But he doesn’t lose himself with his newly acquired title. He has an instinctual protective trait, whether it be protecting Aria or anyone else in his tribe.

Roar, I shed many, many tears for you. He is one of the greatest secondary characters I’ve ever read about. He is so loveable and charming, and I totally love the very platonic relationship between Aria and him. They have each other’s back completely, and Roar is hilarious and definitely knows how to lighten any situation. I was really glad that I got to meet Liv. I definitely couldn’t see what Roar saw in her at first, but then I realized her reasoning behind her actions and I liked her so much more. I loved the motely crew that is the Tides. I love Reef and Perry’s other followers; they were super loyal despite their gruffness.

While reading, I basically couldn’t stop. It was completely addicting. I found myself screaming at the pages, all while crying and laughing at certain times. I was on a rollercoaster of emotions! The writing is flawless and beautiful. I love how it is in dual POV, especially since they spend some time apart. I wish that Perry and Aria could have had more time together and would have communicated a bit more. Despite this, their romance had everything that I loved about their budding romance of the first book. They cherish all the time they have together and clearly love each other very much. They have their steamy moments too, and I can't wait for more! :)

While the ending is not a cliffhanger, I am still dying for Into the Still Blue. Again, totally amazing title! I’ve also never read Roar and Liv, the prequel novella. Any thoughts whether I should read it? Let me know!

Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: He sank against it, bringing himself closer to her height, kissing her with a sudden urgency. With a hunger that she matched. His lips moved to her neck and trailed up to her ear, and the world fell away. She gasped and dug her fingers into his shoulders, pulling him closer – His shoulder. She remembered, and her hands relaxed. “Which shoulder was it, Perry?” A grin spread over his lips. “Right now I have no idea.”
Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
Rating: 4.5/5 Tar Heels!

1 comment:

  1. I am really enjoying this series, too! And like you, I love the titles... Can't wait for Into the Still Blue!!! Great review!

    ~Melissa @ Melissa's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete