Review: Frostfire by Amanda Hocking


Bryn Aven is an outcast among the Kanin, the most powerful of the troll tribes.

Set apart by her heritage and her past, Bryn is a tracker who's determined to become a respected part of her world. She has just one goal: become a member of the elite King’s Guard to protect the royal family. She's not going to let anything stand in her way, not even a forbidden romance with her boss Ridley Dresden.

But all her plans for the future are put on hold when Konstantin– a fallen hero she once loved – begins kidnapping changelings. Bryn is sent in to help stop him, but will she lose her heart in the process?

I totally obsessed over Amanda Hocking’s Trylle series. It opened my eyes to a whole new world of trolls, and this amazing world was continued in her new series, The Kanin Chronicles.

Bryn is a total badass tracker troll who wants to be in the king’s guard. I really liked her as a character. She was really strong and very independent, almost to a fault. She doesn’t like to ask for help ever, so I’m looking forward to seeing her character grow in the second installment.

Ridley is her boss, a retired tracker. He was really sweet and cared for Bryn and her safety a ton. Konstantin Black is the supposed enemy, but I am sure that there is a huge amount more to him that will be revealed later. He is so damn intriguing and I think I like him more than Ridley, but we shall see!

It was so cool to see another troll society close-up besides the Trylle. We learn a lot more about not just the Kanin, but also the Skojare, where Bryn’s mom is from. The romance is super slow developing but I can’t wait to see where it goes in the next book. And aren’t the covers amazing?

I couldn’t be happier that this series is coming out in pretty rapid succession, with Ice Kissed coming out in May.

Favorite Swoon-worthy Quote: His lips are cold, pressing hungrily against mine. His fingers knotting in my hair, pulling me to him. His stubble scrapes against my lips and cheeks, but I don’t mind, I like it. I love everything about him that feels so real, touching me, holding me. I wrap my arms around his neck, and I bury my hands in his hair.
Frostfire (Kanin Chronicles, #1)
Rating: 5/5 Tar Heels!

0 comments:

Post a Comment